Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Thoughts On Completing the One Hour Early Challenge!


In the last post I wrote about taking the One Hour Early Challenge created by Blogger Foreverjasxo. For each day from May 12-19, I would read the Bible, pray, and or mediate for one hour. I was excited about taking this challenge because I knew that doing something like this would make my relationship with God grow stronger. And whew, did it bring it me closer to God! Waking up one hour early I would feel tired sometimes but I motivated myself to finish what I had started. I told myself that if I could spend hours everyday on social media sites, then spending one hour of Bible reading, prayer, and meditation was nothing. For the first two mornings I read from the book of Job and then Psalms and plus whatever was the Bible Verse for the Day on my Holy Bible app. I would cut off my TV, mute my phone, and gather all of my reading materials for the hour. I also kept a journal with me just to write down any thoughts I had about the Bible scriptures I would read or make a list on what I could do to practice the word daily. Being the little emotional drama queen that I am I would cry and call out on my knees to ask God for his wisdom and understanding. I wanted his word to change my heart, my thoughts, and my actions. If anything in my heart or mind did not glorify him then use me and make me remember his word. I am glad to say that I am continuing the one hour early challenge everyday so that I can still grow spiritually. I am more happy to spend time with God than I have ever been before. I have even started writing journals to my future husband while I enjoy my season in singleness. I listen to more Christian music and have fallen in love with Christian rap  and all of the upbeat and uplifting songs. Changing the music that I listen to music has also changed my thoughts and also what I am really saying when I sing the lyrics I hear in explicit music. I am changing in so many ways and I am loving the woman I am becoming. I encourage anyone who feels a need or desire to come closer to God to take the challenge everyday or even one hour before bedtime. I like to read the Bible in the morning and at night to start and end my day with God and not on Instagram.  In closing I leave you with one of my favorite Bible scriptures from Psalms 34:5,

"Keep your eyes on the Lord! You will shine like the sun and never blush with shame"!

Peace&Harmony,

Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment